But I think I have turned a corner in the whole slump thing and hopefully I can get back to posting a bit more regularly.
So, some updates.
I didn't play the Vietnam game I was intending back on Boxing Day 2012. The game had been sitting there for me to play until I packed it up today (21st April).
I have a photos of figure I painted last year sometime that I can't remember posting yet:
The figure is a Reaper Bones that I purchased mid 2012 (?) and I intend to use it for my Strange Aeons game, or any game that needs a werewolf.
A few years ago, Si from Bend Sinister miniatures was kind enough to send me some 10mm Napoleonic samples. I was kind of scared by the size of them, and my eyes couldn't really see them well enough to paint them.
The other week my mate lent me a spare pair of his eye glasses that have magnifying lenses. I thought I would try them out on the 10mm samples I had, and here are the results:
|British Dragoon, French Infantry and British infantry|
|rear of British infantry, French Old Guard, and rear of Dragoon.|
Given that they are 10mm figures I am extremely happy with how they came out. So happy that I have placed an order for some figures, with the intention of slowly building up a couple of opposing Corps for a Napoleonic campaign.
Being able to see them made the world of difference, and they are actually very easy and fast to paint up.
I also purchased the Crusader Publishing Napoleonic rules "March Attack" and it is these rules I intend to use for my Napoleonic games.
The reason I was lent the magnifying glasses was to assist in my painting of 6mm WW2 figures:
|WW2 micro armour work in progress|
We are experimenting with Division level games using Bolt Action. We have play tested a few games so far and are still tinkering with a few things, but it has been worth while so far.
Using micro armour we can push a couple of divisions around a table and play out strategic map games at the same time.
In case you are wondering, one base equals a battalion or regiment for infantry or armour, and one base of artillery equals a battery.
I won't go into any detail on the rules yet, but the system I have come up with works very nicely.
I am currently painting up the gunners for the artillery units and the infantry.
Believe it or not, but the British tanks were a much lighter green until I put the varnish on them :-(
I am also working on my WW2 Japanese zombies, as mentioned on my zombie blog.
And, if you are interested in buying some miniature please keep a eye on my blog, as I will be cleaning out a lot of my old projects and hoping to sell the minis off.